Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My food for my thoughts

I have been reading "Lies Women Believe" and it has been very convicting. The problem we are so often convicted of things and yet we do not change. I want to apply my convictions to my life.

Anyways the book is about our culture in relation to God and what he says we should do. Which in every situation is seek him daily. I am not the best at this. God loves and wants the best for us, who knew?!

Today's Lie:
"I have to have a husband to be happy"

What a huge lie we often believe? Our hubbies do make us happy! The problem is that as soon as our hubby no longers makes us happy we bring up the "D" word. Just like we always want more clothes, bigger house, nicer things, more kids bc nothing is ever good enough for us neither our are hubbies or friends for that matter.

God has designed himself and us that without him we will never be fulfilled. Often times we want our husbands to meet all of our needs and give us all that we want. What pressure we put on them? How unfair of us?

The truth is that GOD can meet all of are needs and we should be satisfied with what God has given us and be thankful it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited... I can follow you. I haven't started back yet.. but follow us at ourfunfamily-thedesutters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooooh, it's like I got to look at your diary! Thanks for sharing...definitely something good to think about.

    ReplyDelete