Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nativitit Birth Center

I wanted to talk a little about where Judah will enter the world. I think that is important. We are having Judah at the local birth center here in The Woodlands,TX. I have a mid-wife (2 Katherine and Melanie), both are wonderful! We are doing a water birth so Judah will be born in the water. It should be a wonderful experience for all of three of us. The rooms are low lit, cozy, jaz. tubs...sort of like a bed and breakfast. It feels safe and comfortable. I think it is more than an ideal spot for us to start our new journey together as a family.


Last night was our last birthing class and yes a got a foot massage from Dad! It felt wonderful! It was at the birth center in a nice quiet room. It was nice to spend 15-20 minutes together with nothing to distract us. I also got a gift from Dad...a foot spa treatment. He said 2 people lately have gone into labor after having a foot spa. There are pressure points in the feet that could trigger a women to go into labor if it is done at the right time. So deciding when the right time is...is the hard point. I am going to at least wait until after my doc apt on Tues to go in and get the foot spa.

But was really neat about the last birthing class was that there was a baby girl being born. Yes, we stayed for class (only bc they said it was all right too..they meaning the parents) and we heard the labor for 2 hours and then all of the sudden we heard a little baby cry. It was precious!!! I cant wait for our turn.

The only discomforts I am having is swollen feet and not sleeping at night. Other than that I feel great! I have been swimming a lot and that helps with swollen feet and I can take naps during the day. At night I feel like I lie awake all night...I guess getting ready for motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment