Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Labor & Delivery of Baby Judah

Yes! Baby Judah has arrived!

Daddy had bought Mommy a reflexology foot spa, hoping to get labor started a little quickly, well it might have worked. The due date was August 12th and usually the first child comes late. The average is eight days late. But after the foot spa contractions started and that was Thursday. Contractions continued until Saturday morning and then they resided. I had called on Thursday to talk to my mid-wife, Melanie, and she said I was possibly in pre-labor. Saturday was a bit disappointing so we thought.

Saturday night at 11 the contractions started up again but a little more painful. It was a sleepless night for Mommy. At 4am Mommy woke up Daddy because something was REALLY happening. We started timing contractions for an hour they are were 5mins apart and lasting anywhere from 45sec. to 1 min. So this is it! We called our Moms and said we are in early labor!

We went to there birthing center at 930am. I was 90% effaced, 2 cm, and at station -2. They said for me to go eat, try to sleep, and walk, walk ,walk. I did not feel like eating as I felt sick. I did get about 2 hours of off and on sleep. Debbie , my mother-in-law, had gotten here by this time. So, around 5pm we went back up there to see if we made any progress as the contractions were stronger and little shorter. At 530pm I was a still 90% effaced, 3cm and station -3. My water had not broken yet and they had said if I was a 4 they could break the water and it would speed up the process but I was not. So back home we went. I walked the stairs, did nipple stimulation, drank an energy shake, and ate. My contractions at this point were really, really strong. I called the mid-wife at reported what I was feeling and what I had done. She asked when my last BM was? She was confused bc of the strength of my contractions. Which my last BM was about 3 days ago....that was the problem. We fixed that problem and went back to the birth center at 930pm.

At 930 pm I was having strong contractions for hours now at 3mins apart and lasting 60-90 secs apart. So , yes intense at this point. The low grunting kind. I was at a 4-5cm and 100% effaced. They tried breaking my water but could not get it. However my contractions were extremely strong so we got to stay this time bc active labor is near. I tried laboring in bed, on the ball, but bc of the strength of the contractions it was hard. They decided to let me in water early! YEAH!

The water a relief! So not to go into anymore nasty, scarey details I labored in the water and in various positions. At 349 am my body finally pushed our beautiful little boy out into the onderful world to meet his new family. Yes! I was in hard labor for almost 24 hours, the average for first timers is 21hrs. All said and done it was worth and I would not have changed it!

Yeah Judah!

No comments:

Post a Comment