I wanted to share my story of my labor at the Birth Center.
From the time I arrived for my active part of labor until the time we walked out we were all family with all the caregivers. It was awesome! I always had at least someone there plus my wonderful husband encouraging me, coping with me, and telling me what was going on with my body. I was never alone or feeling discouraged. They said I was great and I could do it which I can and did! I had such wonderful care and care by people that love doing what they do and not ones there just to get a paycheck. We are both so glad we chose the birth center. It was also homey...low lights, soft music, everything was comfortable and cozy. We had amazing, excellent care!
The labor was long, hard, and pain that is describable. Yes, I would go 100% natural again. I would only do it again with my wonderful husband and the birth center. Erik stayed by my side the whole 24hours holding my hand and heart. He never left or stopped encouraging. I could not have gotten through the labor without Erik. We did it together and it was the most beautiful experience either one of us has experience and also the hardest.
In the end we got a beautiful baby boy, Judah Noble Trevino...weighing 7lbs 14 oz and 20 inches in length.
We at home by 10am after a quiche breakfast (thanks Debbie), a few stitches (yes he did rip me a little), an herbal bath, breastfeeding 101, and saying our goodbyes to the wonderful staff.
It was beautiful...also thanks be to God for the natural highs of his "drugs". Yes the whole time I felt and looked drugged. A weird feeling but awesome how God works.
The part about Erik makes me start to tear up. You guys are such a wonderful, God-loving couple. We are so excited for you, and we can't wait to meet the little one.
ReplyDelete